Sunday, September 26, 2010

steak over corn salad with colcannon



The steak were the last two filet mignon from a PSMO I got at Costco in the winter … 2010-03-something was the date on the bag. After 6 months in the freezer, they weren't the best of steak, and I overcooked them as well. :/ I now wonder if the Food Saver is really going to be able to extend the life of steak in the freezer … I'll know in a year, I guess.

The roasted corn salsa was great. I wish I'd remember to toast the cumin before roasting the corn in the skillet, but here's to next time. Roasting fresh corn in a cast iron pan for way longer than you think you should makes it that much better, btw.

Colcannon is our favorite way to consume kale, and this batch was no exception. I'd have liked to had a bit more potato to kale, but this was fine, too. A good amount of butter helped this iteration of the colcannon, I do say.

No comments:

Post a Comment