Saturday, August 28, 2010

Potato Kohlrabi Ham Gratin

Growing up, my Busi would make – (to my understanding) entirely for my pleasure – ham. Large, wonderful, Farmer John ham. I never got the instruction, but I understand that there was some brown sugar in the glaze.

The ham was fantastic on its own. But, often, a couple of days later would result in a ham potato casserole. It is as wonderful as it sounds.

The recent pork portion of the meat share provided a truly wonderful hunk of ham. And, of course, that dish came to mind. Combining it with my go-to recipe for kohlrabi (with potato in a gratin with nutmeg and sharp cheddar) ended up with a wonderful dish.

even the very old kohlrabi can contribute, here

potatoage

slicey

mise en place

layering

layered

No comments:

Post a Comment