Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm cuckoo for cucumbers

I got ridiculously excited to see cucumbers on the table at the pickup this week, as I am completely comfortable confessing to the Internet that I am a mad cucumber fiend.

First thing I did was slice up two of them and put them in a tub in the fridge for random drive-by snacking. Nom nom nom.

Second, I sliced up some more to have with my ridiculously hot korma dinner (I like to have them in place of bread). Third, I made raita following this recipe and with mint* from the front yard. Oh yeah. Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Fourth, I have one left, which I'm going to restock my snack-bag with (um yeah, I ate all the others, whoops) along with sliced radishes (yum yum yum) and dip in home-made hummus.

Homan Hummus (HEE)

Take 1 can garbanzo beans, 1/4 cup tahini, up to 7 cloves of garlic (depending on whether you expect company), and some lemon juice. Combine with a stick blender, and season with cajun seasoning. Feeds two hungry adults and does not freeze well. Suck it up and make a second batch.


I can't believe I ate all the cucumbers. Whoops. Total fail on resource management there. Ah well,

There's always next week.


*I understand that everyone and their dog sees mint as a weed, but I've been trying to get mine started for oh, ten years now, and it's thwarting me every step of the way. I'm trying not to have to actually bear the shame of buying mint plants by putting it off. Grah.

No comments:

Post a Comment